Notice of EuroCham's Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2019
The EuroCham Co-Chairs hereby call for EuroCham's Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2019.
The AGM will take place on Thursday, 28th March 2019:
- Time: from 17:30 PM - 22:00 PM.
- In Ho Chi Minh City: Sofitel Saigon Plaza 17 Le Duan Boulevard, District 1.
- In Hanoi: Pan Pacific, 1 Thanh Nien, Ba Dinh District.
You are hereby invited to attend the AGM 2019 followed by a cocktail reception.
Please note that only members having paid in full their membership dues for 2019 (before 17:00PM, Thursday 14 March 2019) will have voting rights and can stand for election.
Before the AGM begins, we will have a special Dialogue Event: "The EVFTA: Next Steps to Implementation" – featuring H.E. Deputy-Minister Tran Quoc Khanh, Ministry of Industry and Trade, and H.E. Bruno Angelet, EU Ambassador to Vietnam and Head of the EU Delegation. This event will take place from 18.00 to 19.00 in Hanoi and will be broadcast live to Ho Chi Minh City.
- 17.30 – 18.00: Registration
- 18.00 – 19.00: Special Dialogue Event: The EVFTA: Next Steps to Implementation
- 19.00 – 19.10: Welcome remarks by EuroCham Co-Chairmen
- 19.10 – 19.15: Approval of 2018 AGM Minutes (by show of hands)
- 19.15 – 20.15: AGM Presentation (Report of Activities 2018, Finance Report, Budget 2019)
- 20.15 – 20.50: Presentation of the Executive Committee Members for the period 2019/20 introduction including appointed representatives from BAs.
- 20.50 – 21.00: Voting on the 2018 Audit Report and Budget 2019 (by show of hands)
- 21.00 – 21.10: Speech of Business Association Heads
- 21.10 – 21.30: Q&A
- 21.30 – 21.45: Thank you and appreciation of any departing 2018 Executive Committee Members
- 21.45 – 22.00: Closing Remarks and Cocktail Reception
2. Nominations: N/A
Any Ordinary Member who is unable to attend the AGM in person may appoint one Ordinary Member to act on his / her behalf by proxy. All proxies must be made in writing in the prescribed form hereby attached and must be duly signed by the Company Representative of the Ordinary Corporate Member or by the Ordinary Individual Member making the appointment. Please note that:
- Only Ordinary Members are eligible to be appointed as proxies.
- Proxies made by any Member who physically attends the AGM will be cancelled by the presence of that Member.
- One voting Ordinary Member may hold only up to a maximum of ten (10) proxies plus the one deriving from her/his own membership, as per Executive Committee decision of 1st December 2016.
- Persons owning more than 01 membership may hold only up to a maximum of ten (10) proxies plus those deriving from her/his own memberships, as per Executive Committee decision of 1st December 2016.
- All proxies should be submitted in the prescribed form to EuroCham by 17:00PM, Wednesday 27 March 2019 by email, hand or fax.
- All proxies must be assigned; blank proxies will be null and void.
- Blank proxies received by EuroCham from Business Association members up to this deadline will be referred back to Business Association to ensure proxy is assigned. EuroCham will contact direct members. It is the assignee responsibility to check with the person they are giving the proxy to that their proxy limit has not been reached.
- Please click here to download proxy form.
4. Voting procedures:
Votes for the accounts 2018, the budget 2019 and other AGM proposals (if any) will be conducted by a show of hands witnessed and counted by Deloitte Vietnam.
Dated: 26 February 2019
With Kind regards,
Nicolas Audier Denis Brunetti
European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam